Whatsapp is considered as the most preferable chatting client for iPhone and Android devices as its pretty user friendly interface and provides all the basic needs a chatting client requires, you can easily share images, audio notes, live recordings, share your current location and even upload small videos. Well earlier we have posted on how you can easily install whatsapp messenger on your windows pc in case you wanna use it right away from your computer you can do that too.
But now we found some nice hacks and tricks that work pretty well with whatsapp and people are seriously searching for this constantly. So just check the full list provided below and enjoy these awesome hacks.
#1. Prank your Friends by Changing their Profile Picture
Well just found this awesome trick, if you want to prank your friends by displaying then how they actually appear in your profile, then we have any trick for that. Actually by doing some files replacement you can change the actual profile pic of you friend pretty easily to any image.
- Well just search for some nice scary or funny image that you think could easily paralyze your friends on how they actually look. (just search these images on Google Image search).
- Now after you have found a nice image just make sure to resize the image to 561 X 561 Pixel dimension as its must. (you can use RIOT image resizing feature for this).
- Now you need to navigate to the following path SD Card > Whatsapp > Profile Pictures.
- Now you will see your friends profile pictures with name’s similar to their phone numbers with prefix attached to it.
- Now just rename your new image to that same file name and then replace the old image with the one.
- Well for iOS device use iFunBox to do this same trick and on android you can use a nice file manager to achieve this effect.
Now simply restart your device and your new profile pic will be rocking, now simply show and ask your friend what kind of profile picture they have uploaded it looks ugly, they will be amazed :p
#2. Getting back Deleted Messages on Whatsapp !
Deleted few conversations mistakenly, wanted to get all those conversation back as it means you a lot, well you might not be aware about the automated Whatsapp backup that it creates everyday @ 4PM which is actually store in the SD Card of your Android Device, well we are going to see how you can easily restore that database.
- Navigate to the Whatsapp Database folder, SD Card > Whatsapp > Databases.
- In the database folder you will see some files something like msgstore-2014-01-04.1.db.crypt. So as you can see these files even contain the date on which its created + you will also see a file msgstore.db.crypt, well this is the main file.
- So now just rename this file msgstore.db.crypt to something like backup-msgstore.db.crypt.
- Now after you have successfully renamed your file, just change the another file that contains the appropriate date like choose the one that’s latest or the one you think that might contain your chat conversation.
- So now rename that file to msgstore.db.crypt and then the last step is to navigate to Setting > Applications > manage applications > Whatsapp, and click on Clear Data option to remove all the data.
- That’s it now your msgstore.db.crypt will be restored and obviously that the file that contains your chat conversation.
- So now as soon as you open your WhatsApp again it will ask you to restore from the Backup.
- Just press Restore option and everything will be restores pretty easily.
So guys this was the easiest but little but lengthy way to restore your deleted conversation on WhatsApp. So now do no worry in case you have to delete those conversation you know where and how to restore then later 🙂
How to View WhatsApp Messages Backup File Online !
Well thinking if there is any easy way by not restoring your file onto the whatsapp messenger but still wanna have a look on what conversation you had, well there is awesome online service called “RecoverMesages.com” that allows you to upload your .crypt file that you got from your SD Card online and view your messages easily, well just visit the above mentioned website , upload your date and hit SCAN.
#3. Hide Last Seen Time from your WhatsApp Profile
Don’t like to display that last seen time to the another person, just want to stay hidden, well earlier it was not possible and we use to use some 3rd party apps, well now it can done officially.
- Open WhatsApp application on your device.
- Navigate to Settings > Chat Settings > Advanced > Last Seen Timestamp.
- It will be one just disable it and that’s it now no one can see your last seen timestamp. So its officially disabled.
#4. Hide One Image into Another for Nice Prank
Well you might have faced this thing but you might ignored as you thought it could not be possible, but yes you can easily fake any image by just simply using original image as your masked image and using another image as your fake image.
Well we will be using the Magiapp for Android that will allow you to hold two images one your True Image and the other one will be your Fake image that will shown when someone clicks on your original image.
- Download & Install Magiapp for android.
- Now after installing this wonderful app just fire it up and then you will see interface something lie in the image on the right.
- Now just click on the True Image option and choose your original image and then click on the Fake Image option and choose your pranky image.
- Now after selecting your images just press Do Magic ! option and voila! its done now just share your image with everyone.
Rishabh Jain is a professional blogger at Hacking University, writes article about technologies, social networking, tips-help, tech news, gadget-mobiles reviews, How-to Guides.
Follow him on Facebook | Twitter
Website : Hackinguniversity