According to a survey the most common technique of hacking a website is SQL Injection. SQL Injection is a technique in which hacker insert SQL codes into web Forum to get Sensitive Information like (User Name , Passwords) to access the site and Deface it. The traditional SQL injection method is quite difficult, but now a days there are many tools available online through which any script kiddie can use SQL Injection to deface a webite, because of these tools websites have became more vulnerable to these types of attacks.
One of the popular tools is Havij, Havij is an advanced SQL injection tool which makes SQL Injection very easy for you, Along with SQL injection it has a built in admin page finder which makes it very effective.
Warning – This article is only for education purposes, By reading this article you agree that Hacky Shacky is not responsible in any way for any kind of damage caused by the information provided in this article.
Supported Databases With Havij
- MsSQL 2000/2005 with error.
- MsSQL 2000/2005 no error union based
- MySQL union based
- MySQL Blind
- MySQL error based
- MySQL time based
- Oracle union based
- MsAccess union based
- Sybase (ASE)
Now i will Show you step by step the process of SQL injection.
Step1: Find SQL injection Vulnerability in tour site and insert the string (like http://www.target.com/index.asp?id=123) of it in Havij as show below.
Step3: Now click on the Analyse button as shown below.
Now if the your Server is Vulnerable the information about the target will appear and the columns will appear like shown in picture below:
Step4: Now click on the Tables button and then click Get Tables button from below column as shown below:
Step5: Now select the Tables with sensitive information and click Get Columns button.After that select the Username and Password Column to get the Username and Password and click on the Get Table button.
Here are some of the countermeasures you can take to reduce the risk of SQL Injection
- Renaming the admin page will make it difficult for a hacker to locate it
- Use a Intrusion detection system and compose the signatures for popular SQL injection strings
- One of the best method to protect your website against SQL Injection attacks is to disallow special characters in the admin form, though this will make your passwords more vulnerable to bruteforce attacks but you can implement a capcha to prevent these types of attack.
Website : Rafayhackingarticles